Monday, August 30, 2010

Ten Apples Up On Top and Johnny Boo – A Kid's Review

Reviews by Johnny Boo, age 4
  
 Ten Apples Up On Top
Author/illustrator: Dr. Seuss/Roy McKie

Ten Apples Up On Top is about animals who try to make the apples fall off the animals' heads. I liked it because they had 10 apples up on their heads. My favorite part was when they hop with four apples. I would recommend this book to kids who like The Cat in the Hat.




 Johnny Boo & the Happy Apples
Author/illustrator: James Kochalka

Johnny Boo & the Happy Apples is about a ghost who eats a sad apple and gets a super floopy noodle arm. I liked it because the ghosts are so cute. My favorite part was when the apple fell on the Ice Cream Monster's head. It's sad because Johnny Boo and Squiggle go into the Ice Cream Monster's tummy. It's happy when Johnny Boo super-booed. I would recommend this book to kids who like monsters and ghosts.

More Johnny Boo

 Johnny Boo and Tintin's self-portraits with apple prints:


023
abc button

14 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

aww i LOVE it!!! I need to do this with my girls this year!

thanks for linking up, hope you link up each monday! plus you have an entry for the awesome giveaway!

Annette W. said...

This is great! Cute drawings, too!

Katie said...

This is such a classic idea, I never get tired of it. So much fun for kids to paint with unusual objects and those darling drawings are wonderful!

Susan-Chasing Marcus said...

I had planned already for us to do that tomorrow! Your prints are great.

RedTedArt said...

Oooh how cute are these selfportraits?! Love the apple prints too. We haven't "much printing" yet, but will have to have a go soon. I bet Red Ted would love it!

"Thank you" for stopping by!! So pleased to have you join in Kids Get Crafty!!!

See you again next week?

Maggy, Red Ted Art

kathy said...

What fun I love the reading and crafting. I am still to play with apple and potato prints.

http://polwig.com

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Very sweet drawings!

sbswtp said...

Great project! I love apple prints :)

Ticia said...

You know we never did apple prints with all of our different apple projects we did last year. I kept meaning to.

Stefanie said...

I love it! His drawing is just adorable.

We did something similar, as a math activity, once. We used apple stickers. Apple prints would've been more fun.

Unknown said...

I love the drawings. They are wonderful!!!!

Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

Love apple printing! Love that book too!

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I was perusing the web, looking for great "Dr. Seuss" activities to share with the pediatric therapy professionals we serve, and found your Ten Apples Self Portraits They are darling! I was wondering if I could have permission to feature the photo on our Instagram feed.

(http://instagram.com/pediastaff#).

As you may know, I am unable to create a clickable link to your post through Instagram but I would obviously credit your blog and put a link to the specific page the post came from along with suggestion that they visit that page on your blog for directions and more pictures in the description if that works...

Here is the post that has the image I would love to share

http://litlad.blogspot.com/2010/08/ten-apples-up-on-top-and-johnny-boo.html

Thanks so much in advance!

Anonymous said...

oh sorry I can be reached at heidi@pediastaff.com